PRESENTATION GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKERS
- Number of slides should be minimum and presentation time should be strictly followed. Please stop when signaled by the Chair to do so.
- Users of Windows / PC should be responsible for the compatibility with Mac system used during the presentations.
- Taking the timelines into consideration, using personal laptops are not recommended unless under unavoidable conditions. If you need to use your personal laptop, do inform the conference secretary prior so necessary arrangements can be made.
- Note:We do not record any videos during the presentation or store the submitted presentation.
Basic presentation requirements
- Presentation format: PPT.doc or PPT.docx.
- MAC-compatible presentation.
- If you have any videos/graphic images in your presentation, please check it in the speaker’s room prior to your allotted time. Always carry the source file for the videos and the images that you need in your presentation
- Each slide should be designed to be concise, uncluttered and readable from a distance: include only key words and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
- Upload less than 8 MB file (Suggested Formats: .ppt, .pptx, .mov, .pdf). If your presentation file exceeds 8 MB, email the file to email@example.com
- Uploading presentation is not mandatory, you can bring it with you on the flash drive or storage device and submit in the speaker’s room before your session starts.
AV Set up
- Basic AV setup would be provided; slider with pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, lapel, basic sound system.
- If you have any specific requirements for AV, do mention it to us prior to a week of the conference so we could arrange it for you.
- Upload your presentation at least 3 days before traveling to the conference venue.
Upload your Presentation
- You can upload the presentation through our online system. The uploaded presentations would be available during the sessions.
- You must use the email address you provided when you submitted your abstract.
- You can also email the presentation to the conference manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The presentations will be loaded according to the time allotted for your presentation
Load your presentation at the registration desk
- It is recommended to upload the presentation before 3 days of conference start date. But if unable to send, you can always load your presentation (save the presentation in USB Flash drive) at the lectern before your scheduled presentation during the break. The USB Flash drive will be scanned before transferring the presentation to the presentation folder.
Considerations for PC Users [create on PC then move to Mac]
- Appropriate extension usage: use .PPTX, .PPSX if saving from PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format or use .PPT or .PPS if saving to an earlier-version format or saving from an earlier version.
- Copy the media file to the folder where the PowerPoint file is, and only then insert it; otherwise links to most media files will break.
- AVI or MPEG are better choice files for videos or sounds; don't use WMV (Windows Media Player).
- Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are best presented on MACS.
- Don't squeeze your text into placeholders: Text rendering on PC vs MAC (font substitution) can cause your squeezed text to get cut off by text boxes.